[SCIM] The new features I'm implementing.

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Sun Nov 14 06:32:11 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 01:33:52PM +0900, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> 2. aMSN support: I read that SCIM wouldn't work in aMSN messanger, so I tried
> it out myself.  On my system, it didn't accept any input.  Is it in the to-do
> list for the next major release? (http://amsn.sourceforge.net/)

Hi Yukiko,

  I am a fan to aMSN, and I use it as my default MSN client in Linux.
There is a wiki page about Tcl/Tk's XIM support, which is critical issue
in aMSN and SCIM cooperation:

  http://amsn.sourceforge.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=XIM+Imput

(yes, the wiki page name is wrong.) The above text were contributed by
me, and you could see its screenshot:

  http://jserv.sayya.org/misc/amsn-i18n-xft.png

How do you suffer with the SCIM problem in aMSN?

> Off topic:
> There are no screenshots of SCIM in Japanese environment on the homepage, so I
> made two in Mandrakelinux 10.1. :)
> http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/screenshot/scim1.png
> http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/screenshot/scim2.png

Neat!
I'll also put some screenshots about SCIM-chewing once it is ready.

cheers,
Jim Huang