[SCIM] The new features I'm implementing.

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Nov 19 05:22:56 PST 2004

> On Sunday 14 November 2004 23:32, jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 01:33:52PM +0900, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> > > 2. aMSN support: I read that SCIM wouldn't work in aMSN messanger, so I
> > > tried it out myself.  On my system, it didn't accept any input.  Is it
> > > in the to-do list for the next major release?
> > > (http://amsn.sourceforge.net/)
> >
> >   I am a fan to aMSN, and I use it as my default MSN client in Linux.
> > There is a wiki page about Tcl/Tk's XIM support, which is critical issue
> > in aMSN and SCIM cooperation:
> >
> >   http://amsn.sourceforge.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=XIM+Imput
> >
> > (yes, the wiki page name is wrong.) The above text were contributed by
> > me, and you could see its screenshot:
> >
> >   http://jserv.sayya.org/misc/amsn-i18n-xft.png
> >
> > How do you suffer with the SCIM problem in aMSN?

Hi,

I downloaded the tarballs and diffs and tried to follow the instructions on
the page but was not able to even ./configure...   Besides, I have newer
versions on my system.

libtcl8.4-8.4.5-6mdk
libtk8.4-8.4.5-6mdk
amsn-0.94-1mdk

I think I'd better wait for someone more knowledgeable to report the problem
to Mandrake's development list.

Thanks again for trying to help me.

Regards,
Yukiko