[SCIM] Some questions about scim

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Sun Nov 21 16:51:53 PST 2004

Hi all!

I'm new to scim mailing list, and only have used scim (on Mandrake 10.1) for about 3 months.
I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to specify more than 1 key to SPLIT_KEYS?
   The default SPLIT_KEYS value defined in ZhuYin.bin is space.
   However, if I need to input a word that ends with key 3(3rd sound in ZhuYin),
   key 4 (4th sound in ZhuYin), key 6(2nd sound) and key 7(light sound),
   and this word is in the 2nd or later page, I need to press one more space to switch pages.
   I tried to specify key 3,4,6,7 to SPLIT_KEYS (SPLIT_KEYS = space,3,4,6,7) in ZhuYin.bin,
   because I thought that if it had met a ``Split key'' it should be treated
   as an end of a word. But helpless.

2. Can I set the punctuation to ``Full Width'' by default?
   In the configuration it can specify the key to switch full/half width for punctuation,
   however when I launch the scim I hope that I can be in full mode by default.
   (If I need to use half-width mode for Eng/Punc, I can simply use ctrl-space to turn scim off.)

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin)