[SCIM] UTF8 mode

Rodolfo Medina romeomedina at libero.it
Wed Nov 24 01:58:00 PST 2004

Hi.

When I log into my system (Mandrake Linux 9.1) as root,
the following message appears:

	Already in UTF8 mode

, and problems arise with some latin characters, such as à, è, ù, etc.,
which are not input, and other various characters,
which are not correctly displayed:
in particular, man pages are messed up.
This problem is not directly related to scim,
but it arose after a laborious installation
of 'scim' and 'mule-gbk' packages,
along with some system configuring operations
in order to type and read chinese characters.
I already posted a message to the linux-utf8 mailing list,
getting no answer.
Maybe someone from this list can provide help
to work the problem out?

Thanks,
Rodolfo