[SCIM] Re: New module for Japanese: scim-anthy

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Thu Nov 25 06:57:23 PST 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 21:20, Hiroyuki Ikezoe wrote:

> I am a cooperator of scim-anthy.  I will release scim-anthy 29th
> November.

Hello,

To cycle Japanese kana modes (hiragana > katakana > hankaku-katakana),
scim-anthy only uses the Hiragana_Katakana key by default.  However, it is not
available on non-Japanese keyboards.  Users can easily change it to something
else, but how about offering an alternative as well which can be used on any
type of keyboards, something like Ctrl+period?  I think it will make
scim-anthy more user-friendly, especially for non-native users.  Is it
overkill...?

Regards,
Yukiko