[SCIM] Input on Motif's Widow

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:04:46 PST 2004

Hi,
  Are you developing a software which needs native input method
support? It's not so easy. You must call scim library to implement a
kind of FrontEnd by yourself. Just like what scim gtk immodule does.
So I suggest you to read the source code of scim gtk immodule first,
to understand how to launch a scim service and panel, connect to them,
and manage key events flow.
  You should look deep into scim::BackEnd, scim_launch (),
scim_launch_panel (), and the internal Panel <-> FrontEnd protocol.

Regards
James Su