[SCIM] Re: scim and meta-key

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Wed Oct 6 19:36:14 UTC 2004

Jonathan Addleman <jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca> さんは書きました:

> I still find it odd that scim would interfere with the input that's
> already working though, especially when it's inactive - I would think
> that, until you hit ctrl-space, scim wouldn't affect anything at all.
> But I don't pretend to understand the low-level workings of it.

All XIM servers prevent you from using compose and dead keys, not only
SCIM. Actually even the newest version of SCIM doesn't let you use the
compose and dead key mechanism of X11. But that doesn't matter as
sufficiently new versions of SCIM have implemented a compose and deay
key mechanism in SCIM which behaves the same as the compose and dead
key mechanism in X11 does.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。