[SCIM] Re: SCIM should commit the preedit string before switching off

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Tue Oct 12 03:29:58 PDT 2004

LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B:

> Thanks for your details description.
>
> I updated scim-qtimm to fix this, please have a try

Yes, forcing a commit in scim-qtimm is an improvement because konsole
cannot become messed up anymore.

But scim still remembers the preedit string.
That means, if you type

   $B$"(B

in konsole and then switch off scim, the $B$"!!(Bis committed, but scim
still remembers it as a the current preedit string. If you switch scim
on again, the $B$"(B appears again, i.e. you have two times $B$"(B then.

Just by switching scim off and on repeatedly, the preedit string
remembered by scim is inserted again and again.

I think scim itself should force the commit of the preedit string when
switching off. Doing that in scim-qtimm fixes only part of the problem.