[SCIM] SCIM & OpenOffice

zunix zunix at oaka.org
Thu Sep 16 04:43:53 UTC 2004

在 四, 2004-09-16 01:31, Abel Cheung 寫道:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:53:40 +0800, Kitae <neeum at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 15:13 -0700, Anton Birkel wrote:
> > > Next I tried
> > > $ XMODIFIERS="@im=scim" GTK_IM_MODULES="scim" oowriter
> > Try to
> > XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" oowriter
>
> In contrast to Anton's failure (in fact I guess Kitae's suggestion
> would work in this case), one of my friend (cc'ed) has another more
> absurd problem with SCIM + OO. He said using scim inside OO would
> sometimes result in lost of characters (after typing one word, the
> word just doesn't appear in OO). While I don't have such problem
> (in Mandrakelinux), he has such problem (in Debian).
>
> Abel

Hi,

I'm the person sufferng such problem. Everytime I need to input Chinese
with OO,  I have to do cut and paste from other editor. I am curious on
the problem whether it exist in Chinese, so I tried Japanese and Korean,
also tried Simplex and CJ input too. The problem is the same.

Exactly, the problem is you cannot insert the right word (sometime
missing) between a paragraphy of CJK sentence. Even you success, the
position of the mouse cursor would jump to 2 more word or next
paragraphy. If you use the keyboard to move the cursor, the input
position would not follow the cursor. If you use mouse point to relocate
the cursor position, it definitely the first input word must disppear.

Any ideal of such problem?

zunix