[SCIM] skim and Fedora Core 2

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 23:25:10 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Jan Hefti wrote:
> Hi Roland,
> >I tried to build an Fedora Core 2 (formerly known as Red Hat consumer) RPM
> >with the skim.spec which was build after my ./configure --prefix=/usr ,
> > but I got several problems.
> >
> >And now I don't know what to do. In the directory ../lib/ there are only
> > some *.la and *.so files, and three directories called kde3, debug and
> > scim-1.0. What to do know? When I comment this out, I get several errors
> > about much extracted but  not copied files.
>
> I changed the files section to produce my SuSE rpm as well. Could you
> try if the attached file works? (Just replace skim.spec.in with the
> bunzip'ed version and run ./configure again.)

It runs thorugh witouth errors - but I got a:

Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /ABOUT-NLS
   /AUTHORS
   /COPYING
   /ChangeLog
   /Doxyfile
   /INSTALL
   /Makefile
   /Makefile.am
   /Makefile.cvs
   /Makefile.in
   /NEWS
   /README
   /TODO
   /acinclude.m4
   /aclocal.m4
   /admin/ChangeLog
   /admin/Doxyfile.am
   /admin/Doxyfile.global
   /admin/Makefile.common
   /admin/acinclude.m4.in
   /admin/am_edit
   /admin/compile
   /icons/pin_up.png
   /icons/scim_help.png
   /libtool
   /plugins/Makefile
   /plugins/Makefile.am
   /plugins/Makefile.in
   /plugins/inputwindow/.deps/configinputwindow.Plo
   /plugins/inputwindow/.deps/inputwindow.Plo
   /plugins/inputwindow/.deps/inputwindow_settings.P
   /utils/.libs/scimdragableframe.o
   /utils/.libs/scimkdesettings.o
   /utils/.libs/scimmovehandle.o
   /utils/.libs/scimtoolbar.o
   /utils/.libs/scimxmlguibuilder.o
   /utils/Makefile
   /utils/Makefile.am
   /utils/Makefile.in
   /utils/kautocmodule.cpp
   /utils/kautocmodule.h

and so on - the complete list is very long, I would not paste it here only if
you wish.

By the way: my configure opion is './configure --prefix=/usr', my build
command is 'rpmbuild -ba -v skim.spec'.

Is the failure maybe on my side?

Roland