[SCIM] skim and Fedora Core 2

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Tue Sep 21 17:13:48 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Jan Hefti wrote:
> Fixed file attached.

Thx very much, now it works thorugh.

Some words to your german HowTo:
Newbies would not know what to do with
export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"

I solved it in a KDE 3.3 way:

$ cat .kde/env/skimvariable.sh
#!/bin/sh
export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"

And for Fedora users there is no .alias, I added the alias-string to
the .bashrc.

And a last question abou the working skim: wenn I start an application with
"CN kwrite" (for example), then the whole Menu of the application comes up
with a fixed font which can not display ö and ä but which can display ü - is
that normal? I get no error message in the konsole...

Roland

PS: The rpm can be found at
http://www.personal.uni-jena.de/~p1woro/rpms/skim-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm
It is signed with my gpg key 0x9ec54794a0091bf2 (I use this key only together
with my private Mail or to sign the two or three packages I make).
If you want I can construct an unsigned package.