[SCIM] SCIM & OpenOffice

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 13:07:03 UTC 2004

Hi,
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 00:10 -0700, Anton Birkel wrote:
> I was finally about to get SCIM to input into OpenOffice. However,
> once I was able to it acted rather strangely. I will try to describe,
> thought I think it might fall along similar lines as the other posts.
> When I type the cursor never moves to the end of the previously typed
> letter, this results in letters that overlap eachother. Not only that
> but input lags. Additionally deleting not only lags, but doesn't
> completely erase the words - the top an bottom parts of the letters
> that stick out beyond the | are not deleted.

Sorry, I don't know that problem, but may be other can help you.

For you get help, I add CC to scim-mailing list, and

Which package and im do you try or want to use in SCIM?
(Japanese or Chinese, and scim-tables , scim-m17n or scim-uim and which
version , and anty, skk and so on -  or all thing have problem? and how
set and use SCIM)

Is there problem only in OpenOffice?
(That's not same problem but I had a problem with XIM in ximian-Open-
Office in ppc, last or recently OpenOffice fix that problem. how to use
OpenOffice, do you compile manually or using your distribution
packages?)

> I am using the "English" version of OpenOffice.
> Perhaps I should try installing the japanese version somehow?

I not sure, but I just know all OpenOffice versions for other languages
there is only one diffrent that is menu display  for each language.

> Although Im not sure if this will fix the problem - I hope it will.
> Im beginning to want to try getting IIIM installed and working on my
> system as I believe OpenOffice actually supports it. Plus there is a
> very nice gtk pannel icon module called iiim-canna that I would like
> to use.
> I find the SCIM floating window rather bulky - however if I ever get
> Japanese input working properly in OO I will learn to live with it. =)
>
> Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Kitae