[SCIM] sKim installation problem (kpackage-yast-shell)

sunwukung sunwukung at tvcablenet.be
Tue Sep 28 18:19:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

 I know that's a great program. I was waiting for it to leave windoz.
But I encounter a big problem.

 I download the last version from here (I wrote this on kde-apps.org)
(it's the same situation if I download it from freedesktop.org) .

 If I try to unpack it with KPackage it never opened to be able to click
the installation button. Then I can't install it with by this way.

 If I click with the left mouse button it wille be opened in my
konqueror where I see two buttons. The first is the 'install package
with yast' and the other is 'Use directory as source with yast'. This
last button is disabled. But the first is enable. Then I click on this
only one solution. After what Yast is opened. Then I insert the skim
name and it appeared at the right side of yast to be selected for
installation. I do it but after that I receive an error message telling
that it can find it on the media=media:file not found). That's due to
the fact it try to find it on the first cd-rom. I even set the first
cd-rom in my drive to see if it wasn't a bug of yast which will bypass
the cd-rom after see that it doesn't be there and then will see to the
real directory. Bull shit.

 Then I tried the more classical rpm (manual) command : rpm -Uvh
skim-1.0.0-1suse.i586.rpm
 and then I also receive an error message :
 error: skim-1.0.0-1suse.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID
cfc588cb

 error: skim-1.0.0-1suse.i586.rpm cannot be installed

 Then I want to know what must I do to install it on my suse 9.1.

 Thanks a lot and have a good night.

 miguipda ;-))