[SCIM] Making SCIM see new m17n database entry

David david at plm11.pl
Wed Sep 29 08:56:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

can someone help me find out how to make SCIM show a new m17n IME?

I want to write in IPA and this seems to be the quickest solution. I
made a test *.mim file with a few entries and registered it in mdb.dir,
according to Mr Kenichi Handa instructions.

However, it does not show up in SCIM. What do I have to do to use it
from SCIM? And, is there some place (log file or smth) I should look for
error messages in case something fails?

Best regards,
David