[SCIM] sKim installation problem (kpackage-yast-shell)

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:22:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:33:17 +0200, sunwukung <sunwukung at tvcablenet.be> wrote:
> Iam sorry but I want you know I already read this handbook but I found
> it is not enough clear for me. And the information you give me now was
> wrotten for Gentoo distrib in this handbook. That's why I didn't try it.
In fact, I do think the same thing should work in any distros. If it
is not, sorry about that.

> Well I dont want to hurt you but I do what you tell me and then some
> things happened.
> First, it can't run as you want. I receive error by trying the skim - d
> and another error if I try skim alone. Have a look :
>
> user:~> skim -d
> user:~> kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
> Skim/Plugin not found
This is a problem, it seems you didn't install skim properly, please
have a look at the files under $KDEDIR/share/services/
you should see these files:
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 688 Aug 26 03:35
kcm_skimplugin_configplugin_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 698 Aug 24 18:56 skimplugin_inputwindow_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 697 Aug 24 18:56 skimplugin_mainwindow_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 652 Aug 26 03:35 skimplugin_scim_global_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 633 Aug 24 18:56 skimplugin_scim_hangul_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 696 Aug 24 18:56
skimplugin_scim_imengines_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 704 Aug 26 03:35 skimplugin_scim_qtimm_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 779 Aug 24 18:56
skimplugin_scim_smartpinyin_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 746 Aug 24 18:56 skimplugin_scim_table_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 694 Aug 26 03:44 skimplugin_scim_x_config.desktop
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 869 Aug 24 18:56 skimplugin_systemtray_config.desktop

> And also after have set those three variables in a new .xim files they
> are some effect on the appearence of my ximian evolution program.
>
> The fonts changed and then some special caracters appeared.
>
> This afternoon I found there is a xim file in wich I may change the
> XMODIFIERS value to scim. I will try and will tell you what happened. My
> only one problem before just changing this XMODIFIERS assigned value is
> first I must set the 2 line code of locales.
You can just use your current locale as long as it is a UTF8 one.
You are using SuSE, aren't you? I think you may have a look at the
German handbook if you know German.

Regards,

- Old Chinese adage