[SCIM] how to get scim to work with non-gtk apps

Osamu Aoki osamu@debian.org
Sun Jan 9 05:20:18 PST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:33:36AM +0100, David wrote:

> >I realised that I can only get scim to work on gtk
> >apps like firefox and gaim but not non-gtk apps like
> >openoffice, kwrite, etc.  What steps do I need to take
> >to make scim work with non-gtk apps?
> >

> Install scim-qtimm and skim.

For KDE, scim-qtimm seems to be needed.  I thought skim is taste issue.
Am I right?

At least openoffice works with scim only here.

The problem is no one packaged scim-qtimm yet.  scim has been packaged.
If anyone can help us, we will appreciate.  Debian is preparing to
release with KDE3.3 which is said to be nicely build these days with
regular updates :-)

Any Debian based system has good chance to get Debian packaged source so
building it and installing all the packages are much simpler.

$ sudo apt-get build-dep scim
$ sudo apt-get source -b scim
$ sudo debi *.changes

Regards,

Osamu

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Brussels Belgium, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract