[Spice-devel] Spice in Fedora Rawhide?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Apr 22 07:38:27 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 04:27:08PM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> I think it'd probably be productive to have the existing (or a new) yum
>> repository for fedora ready to go. It could hold the patched qemu, plus
>> RPMs of nightly snapshots of the source. Does that make sense? It's
>> something I could work on if it'd be helpful.
> It would be great, yes.  Weekly would be good enougth I think, there are
> not *that* much changes flowing in at the moment.
> All you need is:
>   (1) a recent pixman version (rebuilding the rawhide version for f12
>       will do).

Cool. I'll start with rawhide and work back, so initially I'll skip that. :)

>   (2) spice-protocol package
>   (3) spice package.  You need the api.v3 branch from this repo:
>       http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~kraxel/spice/log/?h=api.v3
>   (4) qemu + patches.  spice.v3 branch from this repo:
>       http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu/log/?h=spice.v3

These are different from the git links on the spice wiki at
<http://spice-space.org/page/Repositories>, not just counting the branch.
How does the qemu repo relate to vdesktop/qemu as linked on the wiki? (Sorry
for the newbie questions, here.) And, is the kraxel tree where the snapshots
should be built from?

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>