[Spice-devel] video streaming with primary surface

Yonit Halperin yhalperi at redhat.com
Sat Aug 21 23:17:21 PDT 2010

This patch fixes bugs in handling video streaming, mainly related to dependencies among surfaces and streaming on off-screen surfaces.

The patch limits the support for video streaming to the primary surface.
Support for streaming on off-screen surfaces is currently not essential since it is not displayed to the user till the primary surface utilizes it from another surface, and then we should "detach" the stream and "upgrade" it anyway, since we don't perform rendering on lossy images (unless we choose to employ the lossy regions tracking we use for jpeg compression). In addition, both on Windows Xp and Windows 7, we didn't encounter streams on off-screen surfaces.

Cheers,
Yonit.