[Spice-devel] Status of 0.6 release

Yonit Halperin yhalperi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 03:00:07 PDT 2010

On 07/05/2010 12:44 PM, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> * Improved support for WAN
>
> We have landed support for lossy compression (jpeg) and lz compression
> of glz images, for low bandwidth mode. We need to add some command line
> arguments to allow this to be enabled/tuned. This is a good basis for
> wan support, but needs ongoing measurements, tuning and tweaking.

I'm also working on controlling Windows display effects through the
client command line, via the agent. I think I can land this before the
freeze, but it also depends on the status of the agent/virtio driver.
There are other features I plan, e.g., exploiting better redundancy
among images, but they won't be ready for the freeze.