[Spice-devel] Guest OS - Win XP crashed on FC12

Alex Peter alex.peter at gmx.com
Wed Jul 21 19:49:43 PDT 2010

Dear All,

 Am a newbie to SPICE and gone through SPICE User Manual to setup SPICE on my Pentium 4 PC.
I have compiled all depend libraries as instructed in the manual and installed (Sorry for not using RPM). My PC has Fedora core 12 OS.
Since I am not able to load kvm_intel.ko, i skipped that stop but kvm.ko kernel module was loaded without any problem.

I have installed XP as Guest OS in Qemu. The installation gone through without any problem. After Installation,
I am not able to boot XP on Qemu. XP crashed with blue screen with this mail. It would be great if any suggestion to
make it run.

 cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 3200.000
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
<...edited...>
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc up pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
bogomips : 6383.85
clflush size : 64
power management:

Thanks