[Spice-devel] Thin Client (Igor Neves)

Igor Neves igor at 3gnt.net
Fri Jun 4 08:39:07 PDT 2010

Hi,

All that hardware it's very nice and shiny, but it breaks all my
thoughts about thin clients.

Thin client = low cost, low or none support, easy deploy, easy
management and the most important, <5W electric power consumption.

The most important it's the electricity in now our days, buying
something with 250W power supply, it's completely out of my plans. When
you are deploying something big (it's our intention), you can see a lot
of investment getting back with electric power consumption, and you pay
your investment faster. That makes your solution's easier to sell, how
fast your product gives money to your client, it's the key to your success.

Something like this, I think makes a lot more sense
http://www.igep-platform.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=55

Cheers,

--
Igor Neves<igor.neves at 3gnt.net>