[Spice-devel] SPICE questions

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 05:34:02 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 22:16 +0100, Stefan Zintgraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have two questions regarding SPICE.
>
> a) 32-bit support
> I want to run a Windows guest on a 32-Bit Ubuntu system (version 9.10). The client shall also run on the same (32-Bit) machine. According the FAQ (and my experience...) i cannot build the server (libspice) on 32-Bit Ubuntu.
> As a result, i was also not aware to build a spiced qemu on that
> machine.
> Question: which components are required and how can i build them to
> run everything on a single 32-Bit Ubuntu system (Windows guest, spice
> server, spiced QEMU and spice client, ...)?

The faq says:
  I built Spice server on a 32-bit machine and it failed. What can I do?

  Building Spice server on 32-bit machine is not supported because Spice
  server is dependent on 64-bit atomic operations. However, you can
  build Spice client for a 32-bit machine by cding into client directory
  and executeing the make command from there.