[Spice-devel] SPICE questions

Izik Eidus ieidus at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 15:20:26 PST 2010

On 03/10/2010 06:37 PM, Stefan Zintgraf wrote:

> I got it compiled and running now!
>
> I had to insert a lot of casts and do some tricking with the libasound
> library (had to use the 32 bit one) and finally it compiled and even
> started.
>
> But the results are quite disappointing with a Windows XP virtual machine.

What kind of results? -
The bandwith that spice take?
The speed of rendering ? (interactive feeling)
The cpu it cunsom?

> In my virtual machine the "Red Hat QXL GPU" driver is installed as
> well the "Red Hat Virtual Desktop Interface Port" driver.
>
> Compared with Microsoft Remote Desktop the results are disappointing
> and even if I run QEMU without the qxl and spice option the results
> are better.

Well this for sure not right for any machine that i have saw.
Do you sure you are using the QXL driver? when you go to:
Control Panel -> Display -> Settings

"The Display: " say Red Hat QXL GPU ?

(There is a issue with windows that you got to change resoultion after
you install the
driver in order to benefit from it)

Thanks