[Spice-devel] ac97 sound and windows guests

Axel Kittenberger axel.kittenberger at univie.ac.at
Mon May 10 06:49:47 PDT 2010

> Indeed Win7/64b does not have an inbox AC97 driver. Note however that
> Win7/32b does have one - get it from Windows Update.
> Y.

This may sound trivial, but it really helped. I deinstalled the driver I
downloaded from RealTek and Restarted Windows Update after that, it got
the AC97 driver from Microsoft instead, which worked. Yupi!

Looking forward to the day Win64 gets supported; there is more than the
audio driver that is troublesome with 64bit :-) Otherwise so far
enjoying kvm-spice a lot.

Kind regards,
Axel