[Spice-devel] cannot boot from virtio / no -qxl option

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Tue May 18 23:12:25 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up Spice on a Fedora 13 (still beta) server.
I'm using libvirt to set up my guests, qemu-spice from kraxel repo, and a small wrapper script of mine to make libvirt work (basically, it changes the version line when I run "qemu-spice -help" to make it understandable by libvirt, adds the "-spice" option, and changes "-vga cirrus" by "-vga qxl")
I have come to 2 problems :
-when the disk is set to "virtio", I can install F13, but boot fails (at bios stage). When I set it to IDE then, it starts OK
-when I use "-vga qxl", f13 loads the non-graphical part (blue progress bar), but X doesn't start. Instead, I just get a blinking cursor at the top left corner...

I also noticed that the "-qxl 1" option does not work anymore, is that normal?

Thanks for your help.

Frederic.