[Spice-devel] cannot boot from virtio / no -qxl option

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Fri May 21 03:21:21 PDT 2010

> > For the virtio-boot problem, does that mean that I can't use virtio
> > disk with windows??
>
> Never tried, reportly for xp guests there isn't a big difference
> between ide and virtio due to the way the windows xp virtio guest
> drivers are
> written.

Well, it didn't seem to boot though...
However, when I installed it, the disk was ide, I then installed the drivers (by adding a second drive in virtio mode), switched the main drive to virtio and restarted. I already did that a few time ago and it worked...
I'm currently trying to install it from scratch in virtio mode, by using the latest drivers from kvm website : this latest version works with windows installer (with F6 at startup to give specific drivers) so it may be better.

About the qxl driver in F13, it definitely won't build...

Tanks anyway for all your work, it becomes easier and easier to test spice! (and I can't imagine what it will be when spice gets into upstream qemu!).

Frederic.