[Spice-devel] cannot boot from virtio / no -qxl option

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon May 24 00:56:49 PDT 2010

----- "Frédéric Grelot" <fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi List & Gerd,

[snip]
> By the way, I made winxp and win7 work with spice without much
> trouble, but is it normal that there is no "special" device anymore? I
> remember installing two specific drivers "miniport" and "vdi_port",
> then vdagent... with the version I run now, there is no unknown
> devices (in config panel), and vdagent doesn't work...

[AL] I can answer that - the vdiport is in the process of being replaced,
the replacement is not upstream yet.. so actually you will probably have
to wait a bit. If you really really need this I could give you the vdagent,
and you need to supply the switch "-device virtio-serial -device spicevmc"
to get the device, and you'll need a driver for windows (linux has one
already upstream) that I'll need to package for you as well. So, more work
for me, and you get almost no extra functionality at this point. So if you
really really need this :)