[Spice-devel] spice BSD/OSX client

Attila Sukosd attila.sukosd at gmail.com
Sat May 29 11:39:04 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I have spent the last day or two doing some porting so that spicec would use
kqueue on bsd instead of epoll. I have disabled audio for now, but once the
current version works as it should, I will do a port to CoreAudio aswell.
I now have a working version, however I had to disable the shm stuff in
order to get it to work since I have been getting the following error:

1275161751 ERROR spice : x_error_handler: x error on display :0.0 error
(code 10)  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) major 139
minor 1 request 139

Since the major code (139) is outside the 125? which is the standard codes
in X, I guessed that 139 is an Xorg extension,
$ xdpyinfo -display :0 -queryExtensions |grep 139
    MIT-SHM  (opcode: 139, base event: 76, base error: 145)

So my wild guess is that it tries to write outside the available buffer?
Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Attila Sukosd