[Spice-devel] Last call for spice-vdagent-0.8.0 and spice-0.8.1

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 07:58:02 PDT 2011

Hi,

There has been a lot of work done on the linux agent recently, which I would
like to release as 0.8.0 soon. Check out git master to see all the changes,
highlights are:
1) multiple selection support (By Marc-André and Hans)
2) autotool-ified (By Christopher)
3) Ability to build without consolekit, and thus on RHEL-5
    (By Christopher)

I still need to test 3) before doing a release. Please give this version
a spin and let me know if you find any issues, or even better have patches :)

There also has been a nice accumulation of patches on the spice 0.8 branch,
which I would like to release as 0.8.1 soon. If you have any fixes on master
which you think should go to 0.8 too, please push them there asap. If you've
any fixes pending to go to master (and 0.8) please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans