[Spice-devel] Port spice to Xen

The Ha tha at math.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 7 08:25:32 PDT 2011

Dear Zhou Peng
I am much appreciated your group effort to contribute to FOSS.
I would love to see your group help KVM/Spice instead of focus on Xen port.
Here  are few thing to reconsider.
KVM is young but it's an unstoppable train.  Even Vmware consider KVM
is direct competitor to their Esxi but not XEN.
There is a huge exodus XEN to KVM from our Univeristy and many other shops.
IBM, Ubuntu, Eucalyptus, OpenStack (Nasa) and the list are growing daily.
They all KVM supportors and if you ask, we don't look back.
Another thing when using Spice is the connection broker that build around KVM.
Unless you want to build the Broker/Admin, Spice can't scale.

Back to Spice project.  They can really use experts coder like your group.
Mac ports, Smart Device ports, mature from  0.xx to 1.x is much desirable.

Just look at the In-Progress and you see what I mean.

Much Aprreciate your group effort regardless of your decision.

Thanks for Reading.
Best
The Ha

Alternate Email <the.ha at ubc.ca>