[Spice-devel] problem with sound when using spice and virt-manager

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Apr 20 12:43:50 PDT 2011

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I wanted to use virt-manager which is packaged with ubuntu, but I

So far as I know, SPICE support in libvirt and virt-manager has only been in for a few weeks... and Fedora only offers it in their virt-preview repo that allows Fedora 14 users to pull packages from the upcoming Fedora 15.  My point is that Fedora is usually much more bleeding edge than Ubuntu so I'd be surprised if Ubuntu offered libvirt and virt-manager with SPICE support already... unless they are really on the ball... or have a preview repo you are using?  I'm just guessing though.

Non-virt-preview repo users of Fedora won't get the updated packages until Fedora 15 is released which is supposed to be the middle of May... or someone decides to give the beta or later test releases a try.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street