[Spice-devel] androidSpice-0.1.4 released

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 01:20:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:30:18AM +0800, Shuxiang Lim wrote:
> Hi,all!
>    Thanks for the trying/feedbacking and sorry for the nascent itches of the
> project.
>    As I've mentioned in the wiki page of this proj.,to use the androidSpice,
> the server should be modified to force the use of JPEG compression,and qemu
> should not use" -vga qxl" and should use "-usbdevice tablet"(check for the
> reason in wikipage,maybe you can fix this),have you checked this?

so you need to use a standard vga device and not the qxl right now? well, it's
certainly a good start. But you do realize without the qxl device this is no more
then a different vnc? i.e. it sends bitmaps only, using jpeg maybe, I wasn't aware
we did that in this case, but no other operation (no copy / text / any other rop).