[Spice-devel] vdagent vdservice and windows 2003 server

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:41:42 PDT 2011

Dear Developers,

I'm trying to install the vdagent & vdservice to an up to date Windows 2003
Server.  The OS version is 5.2.3790.

The current vdagent & vdservice distributed from spice-space.org download
page refuses to install saying that "vdservice is not supported in this
system version".  I don't know if there are really some technical
differences between XP and 2003 that could prevent loading of this service.
I was thining there was none.

I checked the code of vdagent & vdservice, it seems that the code checks for
the os version and decides that it's XP if version major is 5 and minor is
1, while it decides Win7 if major is 6.

Can we add another system here for os major version 5 and minor version 2 ,
which basically means windows 2003 server?

Many thanks,
--
Emre