[Spice-devel] vdagent vdservice and windows 2003 server

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:34:43 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Arnon Gilboa <agilboa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Emre,
>
> Please try the updated binaries at:
> http://www.spice-space.org/download/binaries/vdagent-win32_28042011.zip
>
> Link added also at the download page:
> http://www.spice-space.org/download.html
>
> Enjoy,
> Arnon

I'm going to test too on my w2k3 guest.
Is it correct this workflow?
- I have to install virtio-serial before vdagent, so I configure
spicevmc channel in virt-manager
Questions:
a) is a newer version than 1.1.16 available?
b) do I have to remove the tablet input device (as I read in a
November 2010 thread)? Or can I leave it?

- I install the virtio serial driver inside guest
Question:
a) which is the correct dir between the availbale ones to choose from
(Win7, Wlh, Wnet, WXp)?

- I install vdagent service putting the files inside the zip in a
common dir and then:
vdservice install

Thanks for clarifications,
Gianluca