[Spice-devel] Spice Windows 7 display driver?

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue Aug 2 02:56:17 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 15:56 -0400, Nathan Lager wrote:

> I've been running in circles attempting to install a Display driver in
> Windows 7 x64 for use with Spice.
>
> My host is CentOS6 x64, My guest is Windows 7 x64.  Spice is enabled, as
> is -vga qxl,
>
> Windows see's the display adapter as "standard vga graphics adapter".
> Where can i get the drivers for RedHad Spice?
>
> Thanks.
<snip>
We found this happened if the qxl driver was not signed, not properly
signed, or not properly compiled.  For example, we compiled with the DDK
in our first attempt and got only VGA.  We then compiled with the SDK
and all worked fine.  I do not know if it had anything to do with DDK
versus SDK or if we just bungled the first attempt.  But, whatever the
reason, if there is a problem with the qxl driver, it will fall back to
VGA - John