[Spice-devel] changing the timing of spice client linking in migration (RHBZ #725009)

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 02:41:43 PDT 2011

   Hi,

> One pretty fundamental issue here is that qemu doesn't accept any new
> connections while the migration is running. IIRC this applies only to
> the final stage where all device state is migrated.

Wrong.  Now I remember what the problem was:  The qemu running on the
target doesn't do anything but receiving data while the incoming
migration is running.  No monitor commands, no new connections, no
nothing.  With that pretty much any attempt to handle spice client
migration in parallel to the vm migration isn't going to work.  I
remember people discussing fixing that, not sure this did happen though.

cheers,
   Gerd