[Spice-devel] Difficulty in building qemu with spice enabled

wangfeng wangfeng wangfeng.v1.1985 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:45:05 PST 2011

hi,
When I compile spice following the Building_Instructions,
an error appears after " ./autogen.sh --prefix=$INST_ROOT " :
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for x86 or x86-64 platform... 64 bit
checking for native Win32... no
checking for some Win32 platform... no
checking for PROTOCOL... configure: error: Package requirements
(spice-protocol >= 0.6.0) were not met:

No package 'spice-protocol' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PROTOCOL_CFLAGS
and PROTOCOL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
How can I solve the problem?