[Spice-devel] Bug : KeyEvent up not sent?

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 14:45:15 PST 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently using Spice to develop on a remote computer (more powerfull than my laptop, which makes me spare quite a lot of time waiting for the builds!), and I come to a quite annoying bug when I use it : relatively often, some event seem not to be sent.
The most noticeable is a keyevent up, since the character keeps printing, but I cannot say that other events are not dropped. I waited for few seconds and the event is definitely lost : the only way to stop the characters from printing (or removing if I pressed backspace!) is to press/release another key.
I don't really know how to get more information about this bug : there is nothing in the logs (client, server, and tail -f /var/log/* on the guest shows nothing).
My versions are as follow :
-server : git, spice.kvm.v28, fedora 14, all updates
-client : built from git, 0.7.3, Ubuntu 10.10, all updates
-guest : fedora 14, all updates

This is quite annoying, since it happens almost once every 20 key pressed I would say, which is quite a lot!
It happens whether I am in fullscreen or not.

Tell me if you need more information about this, I would be pleased to help!

Frederic.