[Spice-devel] Spice-iOS

Cliff Sharp csharp at vbridges.com
Thu Jul 7 16:12:07 PDT 2011

I am trying to figure out the best approach to continue to port spice client to iOS. Performance is a big issue in this effort.

I have tried all of the following:
* MacPorts to take advantages of the ported libraries. But there are just too many that don't work, mismatched versions, and don't work right.
* Fink - the same issues as MacPorts.
* spice-gtk. Just seems like too big of a task because of all the dependent libraries - same problem again.
* gtk-osx - tons of library issues.

I would like to ask a question to extract a fairly detailed response from those who are most familiar with the spice architecture.

What (in some detail) would be needed, as far as architecture and software development, to maybe start with the spice-protocol (i.e. as little as possible) and build a command line spice client to run on a platform?

Thanks

____

Cliff Sharp | csharp at vbridges.com