[Spice-devel] 0.10.x status / plans for spice for Fedora 16

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 02:50:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:36:39AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> *bump*
>
> I think it is still not sure what the plan is. AFAIK we're almost
> done with getting a 0.8.2 which has the async + s3 patches in out the door.
>
> I assume the async + s3 patches will go to master too at the same
> time as they go to the 0.8 branch. I think after that it would be good
> to do a 0.9.0 release and build that for F-16. Does that sound like a good
> plan?

async+s3 already went to master (which btw means now everyone needs to pull updated
spice-protocol to build), I'm testing sasl on 0.8. I'm still waiting for
some comments on the rebasing bugs Uri opened because they could affect what
we want to put in 0.8.2.

> Note I'm *not* volunteering to do this. As said before I would like to
> move the actual release tagging / tarbal uploading / building etc. to
> others, so that I can focus on usbredir. It seems that you guys (and girls)
> are doing a good job with 0.8.2, so I trust you will do a good job
> with 0.9.0 too :)

No problem, I'll take it. I think it just entails taking the master as is and
disting/tagging/announcing. Since no distribution is going to take this one that
should be it I hope.