[Spice-devel] Missing key and mouse release events

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Jul 23 00:47:30 PDT 2011

Hello, all.  This is happening enough now that I don't think it is my
imagination.  It seems that SPICE sometimes either does not detect that
I have released a key or is slow in doing so.

On quite a number of occasions, my input started behaving strangely.
Menu options would not work, it appeared my CAPS lock was on but not
quite.  Then I realized that the SHIFT key was stuck.  I pressed and
released it again and normal functionality returned.  Again, this was
not a one-off event but happened several times.

Just now, I was testing a strange but potentially common scenario in our
environment where my SPICE client was running an X2Go session on the
SPICE guest to a third system.  Sometimes the scroll bars did not seem
to realize I had released the mouse button.  On occasion, I would press
delete and an entire block of text would disappear or I'd press space
and a row of spaces would appear.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I thought I would ask before opening
it as a bug.  Thanks - John