[Spice-devel] Announcing spice-xpi 2.5

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jun 9 15:27:40 PDT 2011

Peter,

----- Original Message -----
> I am glad to announce the first public free open source software release
> of the spice-xpi. To download the source tarballs, visit the page
> http://www.spice-space.org/download.html

The description of spice-xpi on that page says:

"Spice-XPI plugin for mozilla plugin compatible browsers. This is used for launching the spice client from the RHEV-M user portal."

I would assume that the URL one clicks on in the RHEV-M user portal contains the same basic info that spicec would use to connect to a remote KVM VM via SPICE... host, port, password, and cert?  If so, is there some documentation somewhere that specifies how one constructs the URL?  I don't currently have access to RHEV for Desktops to see what the URLs look like.

I know the source code to spice-xpi is the ultimate documentation... and I looked at the contents of the .tar.gz file... for the various documentation that might be included with the source.  I didn't find much info... and I'm not programmer-ish enough to look directly at the source to piece the info together.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street