[Spice-devel] SPICE Fedora 15 guest X running at 100%

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Jun 15 14:52:16 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 01:39 +0200, Alon Levy wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 04:08:43PM -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Since we were having some trouble as just outlined on our Windows tests,
> > we thought we would let SPICE put its best foot forward and try a Fedora
> > 15 guest running on a Fedora 15 KVM host.
>
> Heh, seeing as windows support is much more advanced that is not quite how
> I'd put it. Certainly we are working on putting linux on equal footing, but
> the most work so far has gone into the windows driver, not the linux one.

Thanks for the course correction.  That is actually better for us in the
short term in that X2Go is working quite well for us for Linux; it's our
Windows desktops that are giving us fits (both performance and
licensing!).

<snip>
> Not the problem. The problem is simply in the X driver, and perhaps you can supply
> some more details to allow to reproduce the 100% cpu scenario?
<snip>
Will certainly do so.  What details would you find helpful? - John