[Spice-devel] Windows QXL driver - low pixel depth, low resolution, laggard mouse

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 08:53:40 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 09:44:45AM -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 15:50 +0200, Alon Levy wrote:

The only difference that should bother anything is the creation and signing of qxl.cat, signing of qxl.sys and signing of qxldd.dll. The
easiest route I thought was just to send you prebuilt and signed drivers, but you can do that yourself, the information is on the wiki (WinQXL page).

> I replaced the rpms on the Fedora host.  Was I supposed to do anything
> with the Windows drivers? The patched seemed only for qemu.  I'll give
> these a try and see if it changes anything.
>
> I should mentioned that, before Windows presented its "Press Ctl Alt Del
> to login" screen, the color was brilliant for the Windows logo.  It
> changed when it got to the login screen.  Thanks - John

Yes, that's when the driver is loaded.