[Spice-devel] Windows 7 dual-head - does it work?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 09:14:28 PDT 2011

After figuring out the syntax required to start a VM with multiple QXL
devices, I've been able to get a "dual-head" Windows XP guest working.
(This is on a fully updated Fedora 15 system, using spicec.)

I have been unable to get this to work with Windows 7 (32-bit).  It
works fine in single-head mode, but I haven't been able to get the QXL
driver to work with the second QXL device.  (Device Manager just shows
it as a "Video Controller".)  I've tried various ways of installing the
driver; none of them has worked, and I've experienced a number of blue
screens during my attempts.

Has anyone got this working?  If so, how?

Alternatively, if this is known to not work, please tell me, so I can
stop wasting my time.  ;-)

Thanks!