[Spice-devel] Spice compile error

Liang Guo bluestonechina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:35:12 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 01:20:52AM +0800, Liang Guo wrote:
>>
>> I found the root of this problem, spicec is linked with -lCEGUIBase,
>> and /usr/lib/libCEGUIBASE.la have
>>
>> dependency_libs=' /usr/lib/libfreetype.la -lz -lpcre -lfreeimage -lGLU -lGL'
>>
> Rereading your email, isn't something bad going on? Isn't libCEGUIBASE.la a
> 32 bit version of libCEGUIBASE, while you want to link against a 64 bit
> version of libfreetype?
>
> Christophe

Oh, no, both cegui and freetype on my system are 64bit.
In Debian unstable,  early version freetype ship libfreetype.la in
/usr/lib, the cegui
dependency_libs use /usr/lib/libfreetype.la is proper.  One day, freetype is
updated and ship  libfreetype.la in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, but
cegui dependency_libs
still use /usr/lib/libfreetype.la, when compile spice or other programs with
  -lCEGUIBase, library cannot find error will raised.

it is a platform specific problem, and the next CEGUI update will fix this bug.

Thanks,
--
Liang Guo
http://bluestone.cublog.cn