[Spice-devel] Try to port spicec into Android

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:18:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:52:22PM +0200, Alon Levy wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:26:09PM +0800, Shuxiang Lim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I have to say I cannot solve the glib bugs on Android 'cause it's too
> > arcane and too huge for me now. e.g such a statement will cause a segfault:
> > gobject/gtype.c :
> >       return static_fundamental_type_nodes[utype >>
> > G_TYPE_FUNDAMENTAL_SHIFT];
> > when utype==0; for why, I never know and can get no help..
> >   So I shall face the decision again, return to C++? No! STL and class
> > hierarchies etc. is even more horrible! I have only one choice: remove the
> > glib from the spice-gtk now.
> >   Anybody can give some suggestions on this?
> >   Good weekend.
>
> Can I recreate this in qemu-arm? can you give instructions?
>
> Regarding converting to no glib, I don't know how hard it would be.

GTK+ uses glib internally, so I doubt a glibless spice-gtk is possible...
However as you pointed out, maemo uses glib on ARM (and I think other
devices are doing that too) so I don't think glib/gtk+ is fundamentally
broken on ARM, though in the spice-gtk case, it seems there are bugs
somewhere in the stack causing crashes.