[Spice-devel] vdagent vdservice and windows 2003 server

Arnon Gilboa agilboa at redhat.com
Sun May 1 07:01:01 PDT 2011

Emre Erenoglu wrote:
<snap>

>>> The previous version didn't work.
>>> I've just tested the new one from today in w7 sp1 guest 32bit and it
>>> works there too ;-)
>>> Thanks!
>>> Tested only copy/paste from/to guest/host with notepad and putty
>>> @guest and gedit @host
>>> Well done
>>>

>> new vdagent works for me in 32 bit Windows 2003 Server. Great job!
>>

> Sometimes, I'm having some copy/paste issues within the guest. like I can't
> copy and paste an email message in Outlook, etc. The virtual system hangs
> for some time, then recovers but does not paste.

Hi Emre,
I cannot see this buggy behavior (which we had in the past) on my
machines, but let's try to understand it.
-which direction of the cut-paste is problematic?
-is it buggy only with long text? please try copying increasing block
sizes from notepad & report the results.
-which version of the virtio-serial driver are you using?
Thanks,
Arnon