[Spice-devel] [Announce] spice-gtk 0.6

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon May 23 08:24:20 PDT 2011

   Hi,

> As said, I use the sources recommended on spice-space.org including
> the qemu from there (git://git.freedesktop.org/git/spice/qemu),
> because I thought that this has been specifically adapted for spice.

You should use the qemu-kvm-0.14.0-spice branch for the time being.
That is a branch based on the stable 0.14 qemu-kvm with a bunch of spice
fixes applied.

> Should I rather use the newest "vanilla" qemu from qemu.org?

Not yet.

The stable branch (0.14.x) lacks some important bug fixes.  Starting
with the (not yet released) 0.14.2 version qxl should work stable with
upstream qemu.

The master qemu branch comes with a new seabios release which has
problems with the PCI bar allocation.  You can use that, you have to
compile your own seabios and make sure you enable
CONFIG_OLD_PCIMEM_ASSIGNMENT in src/config.h

cheers,
   Gerd