[Spice-devel] spice broken with upstream qemu / qemu-kvm

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 13:06:54 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Today I've tried to build (succeeded) and run (failed)
spice + qemu from upstream git (1.0-rc0) I tried both
regular qemu as well as qemu-kvm.

In both cases the qemu binary works fine as long as I don't
start it with -vga qxl.

This is with:
seabios + vgabios from the Fedora 16 repositories
spice-protocol-0.9.1 from the Fedora 16 repositories
spice-server build from git master, with --enable-smartcard
qemu or qemu-kvm 1.0-rc0 from git, build with:
--enable-smartcard-nss --enable-smartcard --enable-spice --target-list=x86_64-softmmu

I tried with both spicy and spicec clients.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Reports that
you can reproduce are also welcome (so far I'm wondering
if this is just me doing something stupid).

Regards,

Hans